Friday, October 7, 2011

In Memory of Steve Jobs

February 1955 - October 2011




‎"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve Jobs
My (very talented and quite beautiful) wife took these photos at the Apple Inc Campus in Cupertino.  It was a memorial to Steve Jobs for Apple employees, other tech companies, and the public.  

My favorite was the Time Magazine featuring Jobs on the cover with a personal note from the employees at Time.  It seemed to me they got that issue printed pretty fast, as Jobs had only passed two days before.  They must have been anticipating his passing and had the cover picked out in advance, just in case.  

It couldn't have been a more beautiful day to visit the memorial.  It had just finished raining for two days straight.  The weather was cool and beautiful, the sun warm, the sky clear...  Everything was lush, and moist and beautiful.  I love days like that.

Enjoy the photos.


















No comments:

Post a Comment