Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July - Other people suck

I had a great 4th of July this year...  Until we had to be around other people.  My tolerance for being around other people appears to be waning more and more as I get older.

Most of the day was spent by ourselves.  I took the day off work.  I spent much of it in the pool.  It was a nice hot day and the water was wonderful.  I grilled an awesome steak, a fillet mignon I purchased from Sprouts.  After sunset we walked to a local park and watched the cities fireworks show.  





We went to the same fireworks show last year.  Last year it was very chilly, but it was the best fireworks show I had ever seen.  This year the weather was much better, but the show didn't seem as good.  It wasn't just the fireworks, which btw, didn't seem as good as last year...

To start off our wonderful fireworks show on the right foot, they don't allow our dog in the park.  They said dogs aren't allowed in the park on the 4th of July, which I think is bullshit because I could swear we saw dogs there last year and that's why we took ours this year.  Right after being denied entry to the public park, a sheriff deputy decided to get mouthy with me.  Someone needs to tell those guys to treat the public with some respect, but that's a different rant...

Anyway, we decided to set up our blanket on the lawn at a church located next to the park.  I thought people at the church would be much less rude than people at the park would be...  Boy was I wrong.

When the fireworks started we needed to move to a spot where we could see them through the trees (everyone began moving frantically), so I picked out a good spot and Ewa went to get our stuff.  While I was waiting for her, these terrible people tried pushing me out of our spot, and ofcourse I wouldn't budge, so they set up their spot practically on top of us.  When the fireworks started, their two little girls would scream (they weren't scared, they were just playing around) every time fireworks burst in the sky, and that caused our daughter to scream.  It was obvious our kid was crying because of their kids were scaring her, and they could hear Ewa and I discussing our baby crying because of their kids, but they wouldn't do anything to make their kids behave so that everyone could enjoy the show.  So I decided to move us.

The new spot gave us a better view of the fireworks, and got us away from the rude family that refused to control their children, but it also gave us a view of someone else being rude as hell to other fireworks watchers.
 

This lady was being so rude, I just had to get a photo of it to show you....  It doesn't look as bad in the photo as it actually was because of the angle of the shot, but I swear, she was standing with her camera directly over their heads taking photos.  As if standing directly over their heads instead of standing back 3 feet would have had an impact on the quality of the photos she was shooting with that cheap "soap on a rope" camera she had.

To add insult to injury, she wouldn't shut her dam mouth.  She literally talked throughout the entire fireworks show.  She kept jabbering on about really stupid shit.  I remember one of the ignorant things she insisted on talking about....  
"What do you think our dog would be doing right now if we still lived at our hold house?"  She was referring to the way the dog would react to the fireworks.

Who gives a shit??  Shut up and sit down so everyone else can enjoy the fireworks you worthless piece of shit!!

She must have heard me complaining about it because she moved her fat ass husband up beside her...  As if that "tub of lard" could intimidate anyone.....

They must have been members of that church.  Baptists aren't known to miss a potluck...

Finally, after getting tired of listening to her, and realizing the baby was getting cranky, we decided to leave the fireworks show early.  As we were leaving, the fireworks show ended.  I don't know for sure, but it seemed much shorter this year, and not as spectacular as last year.

Next year we'll probably just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment