Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1/4 man

It's no secret, Charlie Sheen is in the process of crashing and burning. Over the last few days I've heard a full range of opinions, from condemning him on moral grounds, to praising him for fulfilling his desire to make his life a non stop party.  Occasionally I'd hear him mentioned on TV (you almost can't escape it right now) and I'd snicker about the ignorant comments he'd make, about how tough he is and about what a rugged individualist he is.  He's trying so hard to impress us with how cool he is with his millions of dollars and his two bisexual girlfriends, and how little he cares about what people think about him.  It would be one thing if he had two girlfriends and partied once in a while (read: used drugs now and then)  but wasn't allowing it to affect his personal or business relationships.  Hell, throw in a motorcycle and he'd sound just like a biker.  But that's not at all what's happening.  



He's nothing more than a junkie in serious denial.  He's a drug addict with a seemingly unlimited bank account.  No matter how rich he is though, he still looks and sounds like every other drug addict I've run into (I've met many).


I've been pretty quiet about it...  To be honest, I think very little of the Sheens (that includes both of them, except I do think his dad is a great actor) and really don't care what they do.  They are like polar opposite assholes.  One, a junkie hitting rock bottom, the other, an ultra right wing religious nut job who probably made Charlie the way he is with his poor parenting skills.  Asshole or not, it's his prerogative how he lives his life, and if he wants to destroy himself (which he is certainly doing) then more power to him. 


Then this morning I heard he had children.  It's one thing to destroy yourself...  But that's not what he's doing.  He's robbing his children of a father.  Preventing them from having a secure family environment, and forcing them to eventually live in the shadow of their father's shenanigans.  I really hate people that have children, and then don't have the common decency to take care of them.  Taking care of your kids is so much more than buying them a fancy house and expensive clothes.  I bet he's never even changed a diaper, let alone been there to teach them, provide them emotional stability, or provide them an example of it means to be a good father.


In my opinion, Charlie Sheen is scum.  Anyone close to him (read: Kurt Sutter) who refuses to tell him to pull his head out of his ass is enabling him.


Charlie Sheen isn't a man at all as the title of his popular TV show claims.  A man takes care of his business, and takes care of his family.  Sheen is neglecting them while he destroys himself.  Sheen isn't even half a man...  I'll call him 1/4 man from now on.



"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of."  - Charlie Sheen


No comments:

Post a Comment