Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Movie Review: Spartacus - Blood and Sand

The first episode sucked.  The acting was poor, the special effects were horrible, and the script wasn't much better.  It was so bad I was tempted to press stop, package it back up and drop it in the mail (we rented it from Netflix) without even finishing the first episode.  I'm so glad I didn't do that!  I figured I might as well watch the rest of it because we had nothing else to watch that evening.  The episodes got better and better.  While the special effects remained horrible, the script was great, the fight scenes were awesome, and the movie turned into a feast for the eyes...  From bloody bodies being flung around, limbs and organs being sliced off and thrown about, violence, treachory, slaves, betrayal, loyalty, sex, nudity...  It was really awesome.  It's definitely one I'm going to add to the permanent collection.










     

No comments:

Post a Comment